Wednesday 26 October 2016

Painting dresses, amongst other many things.....

Hi Everyone,

Just a little update....!

I originally set up this blog for anything sewing / pattern cutting / style / clothing / fashion related and  it was more directed towards the classes I teach in those subjects at my home studio, and teaching 'out' at universities and other places.

That was before my website was more organised and comprehensive, and before I had separate Facebook pages for Atelier classes and Atelier Wedding dresses and Natural History tweeds! (Life gets so complicated sometimes!!)

It was also set up before I had my Mailchimp contacts list email thing set up (where I can email lots of people at once without Google thinking its spam).

So to simplify and explain it's continuing existence:

 This blog was here in the early days, and I like the look of it, and there are some nice / interesting things if you scroll down the archives, so I didn't want to just delete it, and it's insanely difficult to transfer everything to another blog (I did look into that), so here it remains.

Also, not long ago I made another page for  the blog which is called 'Reviews / Recommendations / Testimonials!  and these relate to my teaching specifically, so it's nice to keep everything together. I couldn't wish for better testimonials, so I'm very lucky, please have a look :-)

So, my latest news is that:

  • I have a Japanese Pattern cutting short course coming up at Ravensbourne, Greenwich, London in January
  • A Masterclass in making a Japanese kimono from real, authentic Japanese print fabric next April at Warwick University Arts Centre
  • Classes in pattern cutting currently running at the Mill Arts Centre in my local town, Banbury, Oxfordshire
  • Classes, courses and workshops currently running at my lovely home studio just outside Banbury, in Cropredy, Oxon.,
not to mention bespoke commissions for (mainly) off the wall, unconventional wedding dresses, AND.......

my latest thing, which is painting wedding dresses. This is a new venture, still in development (as they say), but I will be launching this when the time is right, quite soon, presently, in due course, (choose whichever you prefer), meaning soon, but not quite yet! (I'm having to learn quite a lot of stuff as I go, due to using an unfamiliar medium, so that slows progress, but it's improving!)

Mine probably won't look like this, but I love it nevertheless: 


and this: 



By the way, if you'd like to be added to my Mailchimp periodical email list, please go to the homepage of my website, scroll down a little, and fill in the form on the lower left hand side, thank you!




No comments:

Post a Comment