Thursday 14 May 2015

Pleats!

At one of my group pattern cutting classes yesterday we were talking about pleats, and how to create different types (a seemingly mundane conversation!),  and this amazing design I'd seen recently popped into my head. I don't really know how it would work in practice (when you sat down?), but looks fantastically sculptural.



Also, we started drafting a trouser block from scratch i.e. from basic body measurements, as trousers are tricky when it comes to getting a great fit. Yes, I know that fabrics with stretch will forgive lots of fitting problems, but to know how to really do it properly if you want to produce something immaculate and tailored is very useful. Skills such as these help your ideas as a designer, as you know the choices you can make...

That's all for now - just a quickie! Apart from a photo of a recent addition to the studio, below........if you'd like to see an unexpected combination of artwork/teaching/commissions please go to my artwork blog: https://bobbiesroom.wordpress.com/2015/05/14/mondrian-landscape/




Bobbie.





No comments:

Post a Comment